GENERAL STRUCTURE OF TURKISH PAINT INDUSTRY
Paint industry in Turkey has an important place in the main chemical industry. Turkish Paint Industry maintains its activities in an enduring development, maintains its activities as a major regional power with modern technological structure and production capacity.
The Industry, due to Turkey’s proximity to Eastern Europe and sub-Saharan countries, Middle East, Central Asia, North Africa and the Balkans, is an important center for exports to these countries
ECONOMIC POWER OF TURKISH PAINT INDUSTRY
- According to 2017 statistics, The Turkish Paint Industry; with 970 thousand tons of the domestic market share and export rate, is worth about 2 billion dollars.
- With direct and indirect employment has a total workforce of 300,000 people. Exports have been increasing in recent years.
- Turkish paint industry constitutes 2% of the global paints market.
- It is one of the largest paint markets in Europe and the nearby region.
- Paint consumption per person is approximately 12 kg. International capital has a strong presence in the sector and its investments are increasing.
- Today, Turkish Paint Industry, along with 20 large-scale enterprises with advanced production technology, has about 350 small and medium-sized businesses scattered throughout the country. Turkish Paint Industry exports 10% percent of its production.
- According to the data from IKMIB / BOSAD in 2018, exports of paints and raw materials have reached a total of 1 billion 163 million dollars.
- Turkish paint industry with its high production capacity and high-tec structure, along with the quality product portfolio in the internationally, exports its products to 45 countries